Tuesday 8 February 2011

Corporation Tax and its Effects on the UK

Before I go claiming any credit for this, I will hold my hands up and admit to directly taking this
link from Robert Peston's twitter.  With not everyone having twitter and at this moment in time, Peston not including it in his blog, I thought it might be worth sharing.

If this is article is true, it raises one glaringly obvious question for me: Why is there no outcry from Labour, or the media?  Does this not essentially mean that we, the UK public are being forced to deal with an ever increasing VAT with the reassurance from the government that "we're all in this together" when the large companies of this country are able to avoid corporation tax essentially?

The piece is very one sided and the author is clearly no Tory.  With that in mind, I certainly wouldn't take it as gospel truth.  What I will say though, is that if this is the case, and if this is really happening, you really have to question if the Conservatives are doing anywhere near enough to decrease the level of debt in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment